Hi,
My name is Samantha. Welcome to my blog. I don’t know how
many people, if any, will find this blog but I felt that I should start one to
share my experiences; to help someone the way that I’ve been helped and
inspired by other people’s words.
So, to introduce my self further, as I said my name is
Samantha, I go by Sam. I am a Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/Complex Regional
Pain Syndrome warrior and fighter. Okay, that sounded super dramatic but
totally cool. So, to my fellow warriors: we are totally cool! I mean who else
can memorize and say all those really long words and look as awesome as we do
saying them!? Am I right!? =)
I hope I was able to make you smile there and laugh. I want
to create a space where people who have RSD/CRPS can come and feel completely
safe. You’re not judged here. You are understood. Everyone’s RSD/CRPS is
different so we may not feel exactly how you feel but we get it. You are not
alone. I’ll be sharing links to websites and blogs that have helped me
understand this chronic disease, feel understood, and know that I’m not alone.
I hope to be able to help someone else the way these people helped me.
That’s why I am calling my blog “Living Me with RSD/CRPS & Stuff”. I’ll be talking a lot about the disease and living with it and
all that it can entail. I hope you share how you are feeling and are living
with it. I have two favors to ask when you do.
1) Please do not use curse words. I know sometimes those
words feel like the only strong enough words to describe what we go through but
not everyone curses, and it makes them uncomfortable and again I want to create
a comfortable and safe space. Please help me to do this!
2) We all need to vent on how we feel and what we are going
through. And when you do please add in something that is positive. Sometimes it
seems like there is nothing happy or positive in our lives but I promise, there
is, and you’ll find them as you look. Like, one happy thing you could say is,
“I ate ice cream today. Because it makes me happy. It should totally be its own
food group”. If I saw that I would smile, laugh, and say, “I totally agree, it
should be!!”. I was happy, and you were too. It could even be, “I got out of
bed today”. Because that is a big thing and something to celebrate!
Nothing is
too simple to be positive and happy.
Let’s be there for each other in the negative and for the
positive.
To my fellow warriors and anyone else looking through this
blog,
You are amazing! You are strong! You rock this!
Sam
No comments:
Post a Comment